ListedFit is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission.
Many women do not know that they are pregnant until 8 to 10 weeks after conception, but there are several signs and symptoms your body can give that will enable you to know if you are pregnant if you observe carefully. Although there are various pregnancy signs, there are 10 most common pregnancy signs and symptoms you would not want to miss.
10 Pregnancy Signs
1. Missed period: A missed is one of the most common symptoms of early pregnancy. Although a missed period is a good indicator of pregnancy be aware that a missed period could also be brought on by other things that are going on in your life, such as stress or strenuous exercise.
2. Frequent Urination: Do you notice that you have to frequent the restroom for what seems like every 10 seconds? The reason for visiting the little girls’ room more is because the growing fetus puts pressure on the bladder causing you to urinate more often.
3. Craving certain foods: Have you been craving pickles and ice cream at 3 a.m.? If so you could be pregnant. Craving certain foods is a product of increasing hormones within the body.
4. Constant Fatigue: If you notice that you feel more run down more often than usual it could be one of the symptoms of early pregnancy. A woman will feel more fatigued because her body is not only trying to sustain her bodily functions, but also has the task of supporting the developing fetus as well; using the body’s vitamin and mineral stores.
5. Morning sickness: This one is a tricky symptom because not all women experience morning sickness early in their pregnancy.
6. Implantation Bleeding: Implantation bleeding usually occurs seven to twelve days after conception and is an early symptom of pregnancy.
7. Shortness of Breath: Shortness of breath is a symptom of early pregnancy. An increase in progesterone is responsible for shortness of breath in early pregnancy.
8. Back Pain: A frequent bout with an achy back is one of the symptoms of early pregnancy. Back pain is caused by an increase in weight gain and increased strain on the back muscles.
9. Headaches: Headaches are one of the many symptoms of pregnancy and can occur because of lack of sleep, low blood sugar and stress.
10. Breast Tenderness and swelling. Breast tenderness and swelling occur from an increase in the hormone progesterone which helps to sustain the fetus’s life. If there are also changes occurring on the nipples of the breast, such as darkening of the areola and unusual sensitivity to touch are good indicators of early pregnancy.
If you suspect that you may be pregnant because you display most of the 10 most common signs of early pregnancy it is best to set up an appointment with your general practitioner to confirm a pregnancy so you can seek early prenatal care.