ListedFit is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission.
When it comes to finding the perfect pair of shoes, one of the most important factors to consider is sizing.
Puma is a popular brand known for their athletic footwear, but do their shoes run small?
Understanding the sizing tendencies of Puma shoes can help you make an informed decision when purchasing a new pair.
Table of Contents
Are Puma Shoes True to Size?
When considering Puma footwear, they do not fit true to size. They tend to fit on the smaller side in comparison to standard sizing. However, this varies depending on the particular model, materials used, and other distinct characteristics of the item.
Therefore, while there may be a general size guideline for Puma products, it’s not necessarily applicable across the board for every Puma shoe. In fact, the range of sizes available for each product can be quite diverse.
The short answer is no, Puma shoes do not run true to size. We suggest going half a size larger than your normal size.
Do Puma Shoes Run Small?
Whenever you talk about shoes running, true to size, big, or small, you hear a lot of differing opinions.
When speaking with people who wear Pumas very regularly, I have found many say they run on the smaller side sometimes.
If you’ve ever wondered whether Puma shoes run small, you’re not alone. Many people have the same concern when it comes to understanding the sizing of Puma shoes. Puma shoes tend to run a bit smaller than true to size.
It can mainly be attributed to the fact that Puma sneakers have a narrow fit, especially in the toe box. As a result, they can feel tighter, and a bit more snug when compared to the medium or standard width found in other brands.
So, what do you do if the shoes you want are too small?
The best tip for you is to go at least half a size up when selecting your Puma shoes. Another option is to try a wider width size if available.
This is the best way to ensure your feet have a little more breathing space,
I always recommend people try the shoes before they buy. Get to know the shoe line, try reading reviews if you can so you get the best idea of how they are going to fit your feet.
What feels smaller on one person’s feet may fit yours perfectly and vice-versa.
- Comfort is critical when purchasing footwear, so ensure you’re not sacrificing it for style.
- Don’t be afraid to try on different sizes, and pay close attention to the fit and feel of the shoes before making a decision.
Are Puma and Adidas Sizes the Same?
Many people wonder if Puma and Adidas shoe sizes are the same. While both brands use standard sizing, there are some slight differences in their sizing charts.
One of the main differences is that Adidas shoes tend to be slightly wider compared to Puma shoes. This means that if you have wider feet, you may find that Adidas shoes provide a more comfortable fit.
Another factor to consider is the type of shoe you are purchasing. For example, Adidas running shoes tend to have a tighter fit compared to their casual shoes. Therefore, it is recommended that you go half a size up when purchasing Adidas running shoes to ensure a comfortable fit.
Similarly, Puma shoes also tend to have a tighter fit, especially around the toe box. Therefore, if you have wider feet or prefer a more relaxed fit, it is recommended that you go half a size up when purchasing Puma shoes.
It is recommended that you refer to the brand’s size chart when purchasing shoes online or in-store to ensure a comfortable and secure fit.
How Do Puma Shoes Fit Compared to Nike?
Puma shoes tend to run smaller than Nike shoes, especially in the width. This is because Puma shoes are designed to have a snug fit that conforms more to the shape of your foot, which can be a problem for those with wider feet.
On the other hand, Nike shoes are designed to have a more relaxed fit that accommodates different foot shapes and sizes.
But this can vary depending on the specific model, with size differences not being consistent across all designs.
- In terms of kids’ shoes, Puma often runs smaller than Nike. To account for this, it’s recommended to purchase Puma shoes 0.5 or 1 US size larger than your child’s current Nike shoes.
- For women, the sizing can be more similar between the two brands. In some instances, you may find that your Puma and Nike shoe sizes are the same, but in others, you may need to go up by 0.5 or 1 US size when buying Puma shoes. However, this isn’t a hard and fast rule, and it’s important to understand the nuances between various shoe models.
Focusing on the width, it’s crucial to note that Puma shoes tend to be narrower than Nike shoes. While some Puma models might have additional width offerings, people with wider feet might find Nike shoes a more suitable option.
When comparing Puma and Nike shoes, always remember that the best way to determine the right fit is to try the shoes on for yourself. Factors such as your foot shape and personal preferences can affect how a shoe fits. So, although Puma shoes generally run smaller than Nike, the ultimate test is how comfortable the shoes are on your feet.
Are Puma Shoes Good for Wide Feet?
If you have wide feet and you’re considering a pair of Puma shoes, you might be wondering how well-suited they are for your needs.
A few things to consider.
- Firstly, it’s important to note that the fit of a shoe can vary between different models and styles within the Puma range. Some styles may naturally have a wider fit, while others might be narrower. So, you’ll want to browse their selection carefully and look out for the shoes with a wider fit.
- Make sure you pay attention to the materials used in the construction of the shoe. Shoes made from more flexible materials, like mesh or knit, will be more likely to accommodate wider feet, as they can stretch and adapt to your foot’s unique shape.
- Another factor to consider is the type of closure system used in the Puma shoe. Shoes with a traditional lace-up system can usually be adjusted to offer a little extra space for wide feet. Additionally, some Puma models are designed with an elasticated band instead of laces, which could also be beneficial for wide feet.
Overall I’d say Puma shoes are generally considered to be good for wide feet. Puma offers a wide range of styles and sizes, including options for those with wider feet. The good news is that many of their shoes feature a wider toe box, which can do the trick for people with wider feet.
But it’s important to keep in mind that everyone’s feet are different, so what works for one person may not work for another.
It’s always a good idea to try on shoes before purchasing them, especially if you have wide feet. You may also want to consider looking for shoes that are specifically designed for people with wide feet, as these may offer even more comfort and support.
Are Puma Shoes Good Quality?
There are several factors that contribute to the overall quality of Puma shoes.
- High-quality materials: Puma shoes are made with high-quality materials, including premium leather, synthetic materials, and advanced technologies such as breathable mesh and cushioned midsoles.
- Durability: Puma shoes are designed to last, with features such as reinforced toe caps and rugged outsoles that provide excellent traction and wear resistance.
- Comfort: Puma shoes are designed for comfort, with features such as cushioned footbeds, flexible midsoles, and breathable materials that help keep your feet cool and comfortable.
- Performance: Puma shoes are designed to perform, with sport-specific designs that provide excellent support, stability, and traction for activities such as running, basketball, soccer, and golf.
- Style: Puma shoes are known for their stylish designs, with unique colorways and eye-catching details that make them a popular choice for fashion-conscious consumers.
- Sustainability: Puma is committed to sustainability and has implemented various eco-friendly practices in their manufacturing processes, such as using recycled materials in some of their shoes and packaging to reduce their environmental impact.
Overall, the combination of high-quality materials, durability, comfort, performance, style, and sustainability make Puma shoes a good choice for anyone looking for quality footwear.
How to Make Your Pumas Fit Better
Factors that Affect Sizing:
It is important to note that sizing can vary depending on the type of shoe. For example, if you are purchasing a pair of running shoes, it is recommended that you go half a size up for both Puma and Nike shoes. This is because your feet tend to swell up during long-distance runs, and having a slightly larger shoe size will prevent any discomfort.
Another factor that can affect sizing is the type of socks you wear. If you wear thicker socks, it is recommended that you opt for a slightly larger shoe size to ensure a comfortable fit.
How to Determine the Right Size: When purchasing shoes online, it is crucial to determine the right size to avoid discomfort or having to return the shoe.
Even if you think you know your shoe size, you could be surprised to find out your true size is actually different than what you thought.
One way to determine the right or true size is by measuring your feet. To do this, simply stand on a piece of paper, trace your feet and measure the length from the heel to the longest toe.
This video below gives a great guide on how to measure your feet correctly.
It is also important to take into consideration the width of your feet. If you have wider feet, it is recommended that you opt for a half size up to ensure a more comfortable fit.
Do Pumas Offer Good Arch Support?
Puma shoes are known for providing good arch support, especially in their performance and athletic shoes. Many of their shoes feature cushioned insoles and midsoles, which can help support the arch and provide additional comfort.
However, as with any shoe brand, the level of arch support may vary depending on the specific style of shoe. Some Puma shoes may have more or less arch support than others. It’s important to try on shoes and walk around in them to determine if they provide enough arch support for your individual needs.
If you have particularly high arches or require additional support, you may want to consider adding custom orthotics or sports insoles to your Pumas for even more arch support.
Choose Your Size Wisely.
While Pumas do not fit true to size, it is fairly easy to choose the right size based on how Adidas and Nike fit you. If you wear a size in Nikes, you are likely going to need the same size in Pumas. If you wear a size in Adidas, go up ½ to a whole size.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do Puma shoes compare to Adidas in size?
Puma shoes tend to run a bit smaller than Adidas shoes. If you typically wear a certain size in Adidas, consider going up half a size or so when purchasing Puma shoes to ensure a comfortable fit.
What’s the general consensus on Puma sizing on Reddit?
Many Reddit users have discussed Puma sizing and the consensus is that Pumas usually run smaller.
It is recommended to try on the shoes in person or order half a size up to ensure a better fit.
Do women’s Pumas usually run large or small?
Women’s Puma shoes generally run small. It’s advised to go up half a size or check the Puma shoe sizing chart for an accurate measurement and perfect fit.
Can I expect my Puma shoes to stretch over time?
While Puma shoes might have a little bit of stretch with regular wear, it’s best to purchase the correct size from the beginning.
Consider going up half a size if you’re concerned about them being too tight, as Puma shoes tend to run small.
What are the measurements in PUMA’s shoe size chart?
PUMA’s shoe size chart provides measurements in centimetres and inches for both men’s and women’s shoe sizes. These measurements can help guide you in finding the right fit.
You can find Puma’s shoe sizing chart on their official website or through various online retailers who sell Puma shoes.
How does the fit of Puma golf shoes usually compare?
Puma golf shoes, like other Puma shoes, tend to run slightly smaller than other brands.
Ensure that you consult the specific Puma golf shoe sizing chart for the most accurate sizing information and consider going up half a size if you’re between sizes or want a more comfortable fit.