ListedFit is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission.
What is Piloxing?
Piloxing is a mix of Pilates, boxing and also high-energy interval dancing workouts which involve barefoot interval training to burn calories optimally and enhance stamina. It is designed to not only boost your strength, but your self-confidence and self-image too, while giving rise to a good-looking and powerful body.
What are the Benefits of Piloxing?
Piloxing is most noted for giving the following benefits:
- Increased cardiovascular fitness from an interval based workout focused on core strength.
- Efficient fat burning through fusion techniques and movements.
- Muscle toning and sculpting for a firmer stomach, arms and thighs.
Why Do Piloxing?
Once you start piloxing, you will never stop. Many women have their ups and downs and sometimes, they feel weak, helpless and maybe even depressed. Piloxing was introduced to strengthen them physically and mentally and to make them feel beautiful in their own skin and body. Think more empowering rather than just 3 sets of ten and then hit the shower.
Easy Piloxing Moves
Move 1 – This move trims and sculpts your trouble zones e.g. the triceps and the bra line and also strengthens core muscles:
- Starting position. Start off with a guard position, keeping your fist by the cheekbones of your face. Keep both feet outside the hips with your knees bent.
- Movement. Utilize your core muscles to jab towards the right using your left arm. Twist your hip inward and lift your heel while processing the jab across your body. Return to your initial guard position and switch movements to the opposite side.
- Perform 32 jabs, per side.
Move 2 – This move focuses on your core muscles, the glutes and the outer thighs. As with every move, you need to engage your core on this one as well to sculpt your body optimally. Push your abs ups and try to avoid letting your abs drop toward the floor. Keep them engaged, always!
- Starting position. Keep your right forearm on the ground, keeping your elbow under your shoulder at a 90 degree angle. Using your left arm, prop yourself up while making sure your body is steady and stable. Bend your right knee to lock this position.
- Movement. Lift your left leg to your side and start making small circular motions forward. Reverse the circular motion, making sure you use and engage your core muscles. Your abs need to be engaged during the entire workout: pull your belly-button back toward your spine and coil your abdominals inward.
- Perform 16 circular motions forward and 16 back. Switch legs and repeat all over.
What are Piloxing classes like?
Piloxing’s rising popularity has increased the number of gyms that have introduced piloxing classes, rapidly. The classes are often held by trained instructors who are highly qualified in this form of training. Piloxing classes are typically High-energy classes that feature music ranging from dance and club, incorporated with dance routines such as salsa, ballet and even hip-hop.
Piloxing was founded by celebrity trainer and Swedish dancer, Viveca Jensen who wanted to discover a way through which women could attain a feeling of empowerment and self-image that made them both sexy and strong. Her solution: create a training program that incorporated boxing movements and weighted gloves to enhance strength, and Pilates to bring in flexibility and a more sculpted body without focus on lifting weights.
How To Get Rid of Underarm Fat – Top 5 Tips
We will show you exactly how to get rid of underarm fat or 'armpit bulge' as some like to call it. Underarm fat or “bat wings” can be tough to remove
I’m Skinny With Cellulite – Is this Normal?
Is cellulite only a problem for larger persons? Or can you be skinny with cellulite? Find out how cellulite is formed on you and how you can get rid of it.