ListedFit is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small commission.
Tom Tom Runner Cardio Watch REVIEW – Bigger Bang For Your Buck?
The Tom Tom Runner Cardio is a GPS-powered fitness watch that helps you in measuring your heart rate, running speed and distance simultaneously – while at the same time giving out snippets of inspiration to keep your motivation going. The Tom Tom Runner Cardio is a much-improved version of the Runner, which only performed the simple task of measuring your run. The new and improved Runner Cardio offers improved monitoring, a heart monitor and also resolves several issues that were faced in the Runner.
The TomTom Runner Cardio has witnessed some extreme changes compared to its predecessor. The watch now utilizes a rubber strap instead of a plastic strap to hold the GPS system. This rubber strap gives better fitting between the console and the strap and is evidently thicker, durable and more rugged.
Another good improvement is the waterproof nature of the watch, which does not force you to remove the watch if you go for a swim. The Tom Tom Runner Cardio no longer has the problem of the GPS module not fitting inside the strap well.Although it fits better, it’s harder to remove from the strap for charging – but that’s a small worry considering the drastic improvement.
The watch uses ‘Mio’ heart monitoring technology – the same as that used in the Adidas MiCoach Smart Run watch and the ‘Mio Alpha’ range of watches. The one downside is that the Cardio is much more expensive than both the ‘Adidas Micoach’ and the ‘Mio Alpha’ for almost the same features.
* Battery Life: Up to 8 hours
* Sensors: GPS, Motion sensor, Heart tracking sensor, compass
* Water Resistance: Up to 165 feet
* Measurements: Speed, Distance, Calories, Heart Rate
* Languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian
* Accurate heart monitoring
* Much better and durable design than the Runner
* Can also work underwater up to 165 feet
* More expensive than other watches in the range – hard to ignore.
* Bulkier- Hard to ignore the fact it’s on your wrist, even though it is comfortable to wear.
* No Sleep monitor – Sleep is very important for recovery, I was surprised it didn’t have a feature that considered sleep monitoring.
* May give inflated readings while running on treadmills. Not sure why it did this. but this is something worth thinking about if you intend to buy this.
The Tom Tom Runner Cardio is a good buy if you’re willing to shell out the money, making excellent advancements from its predecessor. Although cheaper products are available, the Tom Tom Runner Cardio has a distinct style and functionality that retains the loyalty of Tom Tom enthusiasts. If you don’t mind the additional cost, the Tom Tom Runner Cardio is an excellent choice in terms of performance and practicality.
- FitnessAugust 19, 2023Yohimbe vs Yohimbine: A Quick Comparison Guide
- AshwagandhaJune 16, 2023Is Ashwagandha Good for Working Out? Key Benefits Explored
- Sports HeadphonesMay 25, 2023Why Your EarBuds Keep Falling Out – Quick and Easy Solutions
- Nike ShoesMay 12, 2023Do Nikes Run Big or Small? Decoding the Perfect Fit
This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, the site may earn a small commission. We only recommend products we would use ourselves and all opinions expressed on this site are our own.
The information provided in this article is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for professional advice. Always consult with a qualified healthcare professional before starting any new diet, exercise program, or making changes to your health routine.
While we strive to provide up-to-date and accurate information, the content in this article may not reflect the most current research or medical guidelines. We encourage readers to do further research and consult with professionals for more personalized advice.
The products and services mentioned in any of our articles are recommended based on our independent research and personal experience. We are not sponsored by any company. We aim to suggest products and services we believe are of high quality and could be beneficial to our readers.